Source: Innova Market Insights (Posted online November 14, 2016)
Innova Market Insights has revealed its top trends likely to impact the food industry in 2017 from its ongoing analysis of key global developments in food and drinks launch activity worldwide.
1. Clean Supreme: The rules have been rewritten and clean and clear label is the new global standard. The demand for total transparency now incorporates the entire supply chain, as a clean label positioning becomes more holistic.
2. Disruptive Green: As plant-based milks, meat alternatives and vegan offerings have rapidly moved into the mainstream, consumers are looking for innovative options to take the inherent benefits of plants into their daily lives.
3. Sweeter Balance: Sugar is under pressure, although it remains the key ingredient delivering the sweetness and great taste that consumers are looking for.
4. Kitchen Symphony: The connected world has led consumers of all ages to become more knowledgeable of other cultures.
5. Body in Tune: Consumers are increasingly personalizing their own nutrition intake, making food choices based around what they think will make them feel better.
6. Plain Sophistication: The number of new products using the word “craft” or “crafted”increased by 248 percent from 2011 to 2015, with alcoholic beverages, confectionery and bakery as the leading market categories.
7. Encapsulating Moments: Targeting specific moments is becoming a powerful weapon for marketers, especially in categories like snacking. There is a lot to learn from the sports nutrition space…These types of products are optimized to the moment before, during or after exercise; for maximum efficacy.
8. Beyond Pester Power: While “pester power” was behind typically less healthy shopping 10 to 15 years ago, kids are now often setting the family dinner agenda themselves.
9. Fuzzy Borders: The most innovative products are being observed at the crossroads of different categories.
10. Seeds of Change: Seeds bring a natural source of flavor, texture and health, including a high protein content and consumers are looking to benefit.
28 November 2016
NEW ENTITY FORMED:
Provyda has diversified our New Product Development and Technical support services. Our new entity is called FOOD LEVER Pty Limited. Our services include: assistance with Food Legislation, Specification and PIF documentation, NPD, Export Development, Grants and Quality Monitoring.
WE now have a team of 22 experts and alliances with several entities covering Sensory Research, Quality and Safety Monitoring and Government Bodies.
Provyda is Accredited in both RSPO (Palm Oil Mass Balance) and Cocoa UTZ (Mass Balance):
Our Product Ranges and Affiliates:
In addition to the Ingredient Ranges noted above, we are also trading and technically supporting a range of Chocolate and Compound lines, Pectins and other Gums, Dairy Ingredients (WPI & WPC) and Non Dairy Creamers (RSPO Palm and Coconut based): We also work in co-operation with local high end powder blenders and mass volume contract packers.